Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck likely to miss England friendlies
The 22-year-old has been sidelined with fluid on his knee
Friday 08 November 2013
Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck seems certain to miss England's friendlies against Chile and Germany later this month.
Welbeck has not figured since the draw against Southampton on October 19, since when he has been sidelined with fluid on his knee.
United manager David Moyes has already ruled the 22-year-old out of Sunday's showdown with Arsenal at Old Trafford.
Although Welbeck was selected on Thursday as part of Roy Hodgson's squad for the start of England's World Cup build-up, Press Association Sport understands there is little chance of him being involved.
"The only one who is not in contention for Sunday is Danny Welbeck," said Moyes.
"He is still suffering with his knee."
England play Chile on November 15 and Germany on November 19, with both games at Wembley.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more