Mario Balotelli to miss Italy's World Cup qualifier
Friday 12 October 2012
Mario Balotelli will miss Italy's World Cup qualifier with Armenia tonight after failing to recover from the flu, the FIGC announced on their official website this morning.
Balotelli, who missed his side's opening two Group B encounters due to his decision to undergo laser eye surgery in the last international break, was set to lead the line at the Hrazdan Stadium alongside Pablo Osvaldo after head coach Cesare Prandelli announced his starting line-up yesterday.
But now Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco will replace the Manchester City striker, who is expected to be available for Italy's next assignment against Denmark on Tuesday.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ashes 2013-14 comment: England need to learn from Australia and master art of avoiding 'the creep'
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent