Mario Balotelli to miss Italy's World Cup qualifier
Friday 12 October 2012
Mario Balotelli will miss Italy's World Cup qualifier with Armenia tonight after failing to recover from the flu, the FIGC announced on their official website this morning.
Balotelli, who missed his side's opening two Group B encounters due to his decision to undergo laser eye surgery in the last international break, was set to lead the line at the Hrazdan Stadium alongside Pablo Osvaldo after head coach Cesare Prandelli announced his starting line-up yesterday.
But now Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco will replace the Manchester City striker, who is expected to be available for Italy's next assignment against Denmark on Tuesday.
Latest in Sport
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Cricket World Cup 2015: Has the success of the tournament spelt the end for Test matches?
Gareth Bale to Chelsea: Real Madrid to be 'tempted by £75m offer' this summer
Manchester United transfer news: Chris Smalling and Phil Jones face uncertain future with contract renewal talks on hold
Malaysia Grand Prix 2015 LIVE: Sebastian Vettel wins in just his second race with Ferrari with Lewis Hamilton second and Nico Rosberg third
- 1 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 2 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Noel Gallagher: I lost sh*tloads of money, a few million, didn’t tell my wife