Mario Balotelli to miss Italy's World Cup qualifier
Friday 12 October 2012
Mario Balotelli will miss Italy's World Cup qualifier with Armenia tonight after failing to recover from the flu, the FIGC announced on their official website this morning.
Balotelli, who missed his side's opening two Group B encounters due to his decision to undergo laser eye surgery in the last international break, was set to lead the line at the Hrazdan Stadium alongside Pablo Osvaldo after head coach Cesare Prandelli announced his starting line-up yesterday.
But now Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco will replace the Manchester City striker, who is expected to be available for Italy's next assignment against Denmark on Tuesday.
Latest in Sport
Don't mess with me, Diego Costa warns Manchester City ahead of Chelsea clash
World Masters Athletics Championships: Meet the 95-year-olds still picking up medals
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
West Ham vs Liverpool match report: Reds are caught cold by hot Hammers
Aston Villa vs Arsenal team news: Alexis Sanchez incorrectly named in starting line-up as Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain called up to start
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving