McCormack ruled out for Scotland
Thursday 20 September 2012
Ross McCormack has been ruled out of Scotland's World Cup double header against Wales and Belgium next month. The Leeds striker suffered an ankle injury during Saturday's defeat by Cardiff and Elland Road manager Neil Warnock revealed he faced six to eight weeks on the sidelines.
Warnock said: "He might need an operation because he chipped a bone alongside the ligaments. It's as bad as you can get from a twisted ankle without breaking it."
HIs fellow Leeds forward Luciano Becchio limped off during Tuesday's defeat by Hull after taking a knock on his ankle. "We had to be careful. It's all right him carrying on and then we lose him for a month. I didn't want that," Warnock added.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Liverpool injury news: Brendan Rodgers could be without up to seven players for Burnley game... as Jordon Ibe posts picture of knee brace
Arsenal shareholders Stan Kroenke, Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri appear on Forbes' rich list - with a combined net worth of £14.9bn
Watch the moment a basketball player reassures a small boy after a mass brawl erupted on court
Jon Stewart brings The Daily Show to WWE Raw as Seth Rollins pays the price for feud with TV presenter
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw