McCormack ruled out for Scotland
Thursday 20 September 2012
Ross McCormack has been ruled out of Scotland's World Cup double header against Wales and Belgium next month. The Leeds striker suffered an ankle injury during Saturday's defeat by Cardiff and Elland Road manager Neil Warnock revealed he faced six to eight weeks on the sidelines.
Warnock said: "He might need an operation because he chipped a bone alongside the ligaments. It's as bad as you can get from a twisted ankle without breaking it."
HIs fellow Leeds forward Luciano Becchio limped off during Tuesday's defeat by Hull after taking a knock on his ankle. "We had to be careful. It's all right him carrying on and then we lose him for a month. I didn't want that," Warnock added.
Latest in Sport
Dan Hardy column: Is the hype around UFC sensation Conor McGregor justified?
Humiliated Brazil look to continue recovery at Arsenal
Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores ridiculous headed goal after blocking Moldova goalkeeper's clearance
England vs Lithuania match report: Harry Kane fires in first Three Lions goal just 78 seconds into debut to put icing on the cake
'God, she's beautiful': Embarrassment for basketball player Nigel Hayes after microphone picks up comment about female reporter
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories