Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira, Thomas Muller: Brazil vs Germany player ratings
Brazil 1 Germany 7
Wednesday 09 July 2014
Germany handed Brazil their heaviest World Cup loss ever on Tuesday with an astounding 7-1 rout in the semi-finals that stunned the hosts.
Miroslav Klose scored a record-setting 16th career World Cup goal in a five-goal spurt in the first half as Brazil's defense was torn apart. Brazil's previous biggest World Cup loss was 3-0 to France in the 1998 final.
The Germans will face either Argentina or the Netherlands in Sunday's final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil was playing without the injured Neymar and suspended captain Thiago Silva.
Toni Kroos and Andre Schurrle scored two goals each for Germany, while Thomas Mueller and Sami Khedira added the others.
But did any of Brazil's players emerge with any credit? Click through our ratings gallery below...
Oscar pulled a late goal back for Brazil.
Germany will now face either Argentina or the Netherlands in Sunday's final.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Female BBC presenter receives offensive and sexist letter after she criticised level of women's sport given TV coverage and sponsorship
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
The 12 worst haircuts of the 2014/15 Premier League season
West Brom vs Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey desperate to be back in the middle for Arsenal title challenge
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village