Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira, Thomas Muller: Brazil vs Germany player ratings
Brazil 1 Germany 7
Wednesday 09 July 2014
Germany handed Brazil their heaviest World Cup loss ever on Tuesday with an astounding 7-1 rout in the semi-finals that stunned the hosts.
Miroslav Klose scored a record-setting 16th career World Cup goal in a five-goal spurt in the first half as Brazil's defense was torn apart. Brazil's previous biggest World Cup loss was 3-0 to France in the 1998 final.
The Germans will face either Argentina or the Netherlands in Sunday's final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil was playing without the injured Neymar and suspended captain Thiago Silva.
Toni Kroos and Andre Schurrle scored two goals each for Germany, while Thomas Mueller and Sami Khedira added the others.
But did any of Brazil's players emerge with any credit? Click through our ratings gallery below...
Oscar pulled a late goal back for Brazil.
Germany will now face either Argentina or the Netherlands in Sunday's final.
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo: Unhappy forward is ready to quit Real Madrid, according to Angel Di Maria
Commonwealth Games 2014: Australia launch Glasgow swimwear - but are criticised for drawing attention to the 'crotch' area
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Jurgen Klopp concerned with Dortmund injuries and praises signings of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez
Alexis Sanchez: The many (animated) faces of Arsenal's Chilean forward
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid star is 'fed up'
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 5 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand