Müller and Ozil fire Germany
Germany 3 Netherlands 0
Wednesday 16 November 2011
Germany underlined that they will be a major threat in next year's European Championship as they brushed aside old rivals the Netherlands in Hamburg last night.
Thomas Müller gave Joachim Löw's side the lead in the 15th minute after a rapid German counter-attack. Miroslav Klose made it two 11 minutes later, heading home Mesut Ozil's cross.
Ozil got the third midway through the second half after a neat one-two with Klose.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice