Montenegro go down fighting
Montenegro 0 Czech Republic 1 (Czech win 3-1 on aggregate)
Wednesday 16 November 2011
A goal from Petr Jiracek with nine minutes to go killed off Montenegro's fading hopes of reaching their first major tournament in Podgorica last night.
Trailing 2-0 from the first leg, Montenegro, who held England to two draws in the group stages, went close to reducing the deficit, Dejan Damjanovic hitting the bar and Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech denying Mirko Vucinic. Jiracek's sidefoot finish then made the tie safe for the visitors.
Latest in Sport
Danny Ings: Liverpool target wanted by Borussia Monchengladbach... who could get Burnley striker for just £260,000
Humiliated Brazil look to continue recovery at Arsenal
Marco Reus vs Theo Walcott: Which is the better option for Arsenal?
England vs Lithuania match report: Harry Kane fires in first Three Lions goal just 78 seconds into debut to put icing on the cake
'God, she's beautiful': Embarrassment for basketball player Nigel Hayes after microphone picks up comment about female reporter
- 1 Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
- 2 Dad eats daughter's weed brownies, thinks he's had a stroke
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories