Montenegro v England: Wayne Rooney returns to scene of red card shame as Roy Hodgson makes six changes to team that thrashed San Marino
Tuesday 26 March 2013
England head coach Roy Hodgson made six changes for the World Cup qualifier with current group leaders Montenegro in Podgorica this evening.
Skipper Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Michael Carrick, James Milner and Danny Welbeck all returned to the starting line-up after being rested for the 8-0 demolition of San Marino.
They replaced Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines, Frank Lampard, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ashley Young and Jermain Defoe.
Montenegro were without suspended midfielder Milorad Pekovic after his red card against Moldova.
England team to play Montenegro in World Cup qualifying Group H tonight: Hart, Johnson, Smalling, Lescott, Cole, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Cleverley, Welbeck, Rooney.
Latest in Sport
Arsene Wenger 18th anniversary at Arsenal: His WORST signings XI during his time with the Gunners
18 things Wenger has still never done at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger's worst signings XI
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Nani: On loan Sporting Lisbon winger admits he may not return to Manchester United
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'