Montenegro v England: Wayne Rooney returns to scene of red card shame as Roy Hodgson makes six changes to team that thrashed San Marino
Tuesday 26 March 2013
England head coach Roy Hodgson made six changes for the World Cup qualifier with current group leaders Montenegro in Podgorica this evening.
Skipper Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Michael Carrick, James Milner and Danny Welbeck all returned to the starting line-up after being rested for the 8-0 demolition of San Marino.
They replaced Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines, Frank Lampard, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ashley Young and Jermain Defoe.
Montenegro were without suspended midfielder Milorad Pekovic after his red card against Moldova.
England team to play Montenegro in World Cup qualifying Group H tonight: Hart, Johnson, Smalling, Lescott, Cole, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Cleverley, Welbeck, Rooney.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'