M'vila's injury spoils French victory
Friday 01 June 2012
France cruised to a 2-0 win over Serbia in Reims last night, but victory was marred by an injury to Yann M'vila.
Laurent Blanc's side, who play England in their first game a week on Monday, were two up in the first 15 minutes. Franck Ribéry fired home from the edge of the area, then Chelsea's Florent Malouda scored with a swerving drive.
However, before both goals M'Vila twisted his right ankle and broke down in tears on the bench after being taken off. Blanc though believes the Rennes player will still be fit for Euro 2012. "We can think that he will be fit for the first game. His participation in the tournament is not in question," he said.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant