Netherlands vs Argentina team news World Cup 2014: Robin van Persie STARTS for Dutch with Sergio Aguero still missing for Argentina
Manchester United striker passed fit for semi-final
Wednesday 09 July 2014
Despite rumours that he would miss tonight's semi-final, Robin van Persie has been passed fit for the Dutch and starts the game against Argentina.
On the other hand, the reports that Sergio Aguero was going to come back into the Argentina starting line-up, having recovered from his thigh injury, proved to be false, with Ezequiel Lavezzi retaining his place in the Albiceleste's front three.
As expected Enzo Perez starts in place of the injured Angel Di Maria, the man who he replaced in Argentina's quarter-final win over Belgium.
Netherlands: Cillessen, Kuyt, Blind, Vlaar, De Vrij, Martins Indi, De Jong, Wijnaldum, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie
Argentina: Romero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo, Enzo Pérez, Biglia, Mascherano, Lavezzi, Messi, Higuaín
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie to Fenerbahce: Manchester United striker 'agrees to personal terms' with Turkish side
Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs posts bizarre video of his Miami holiday being invaded by an iguana
Women's World Cup 2015: England secure third place as they beat Germany in extra time with penalty by Fara Williams
Why is it that there’s no women’s team at Manchester United? - Michael Calvin
Chelsea transfer news: Diego Costa wants a reunion with £25m Manchester United target Arda Turan... because he loves his kebabs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment