Netherlands vs Mexico: Dutch go crazy for Roy Donders 'juichpak' as World Cup fever hits Netherlands
The Dutch have found their own peculiar way of supporting La Oranje
The World Cup and dodgy attire go hand-in-hand. For England it was Asda's wearable flag that made those who wore it look like members of the Klu Klux Klan. For Belgian supporters it is Marouane Fellaini wigs. And for the Dutch it is the 'juichpak'.
It would seem that with the Netherlands flying through their tough group with wins over Spain, Australia and Chile, those back home have been seeking ways to show their support for La Oranje.
But rather than opt for a replica jersey, the Dutch have instead been going for the 'juichpak' with the item becoming something of a national sensation. The 'juichpak' is an orange jumpsuit made famous by the Dutch reality TV star and stylist Roy Donders.
The craze has seen the juichpak sell out in stores and crop up on bidding websites for more than double the retail price. Google reports that searches for 'juichpak' are outpacing those of the official jersey worn by the likes of Arjen Robben and Robin van Persie.
Watch Roy Donders in an advert for Dutch supermarket Jumbo...
Inevitably demand for the 'juichpak' will only increase if the Netherlands beat Mexico and advance to the quarter-finals.
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
EXCLUSIVE: F1 heading for eastern revolution as new team emerges from Romania
Impressive Kurt Zouma may save Chelsea millions by replacing John Terry
Daniel Sturridge injury: Liverpool striker suggests problems could be linked with 'Caribbean vibes'
Capital One Cup fifth-round draw: Chelsea meet Derby, Tottenham face Newcastle, Liverpool travel to Bournemouth
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything