Netherlands vs Mexico: Dutch go crazy for Roy Donders 'juichpak' as World Cup fever hits Netherlands
The Dutch have found their own peculiar way of supporting La Oranje
The World Cup and dodgy attire go hand-in-hand. For England it was Asda's wearable flag that made those who wore it look like members of the Klu Klux Klan. For Belgian supporters it is Marouane Fellaini wigs. And for the Dutch it is the 'juichpak'.
It would seem that with the Netherlands flying through their tough group with wins over Spain, Australia and Chile, those back home have been seeking ways to show their support for La Oranje.
But rather than opt for a replica jersey, the Dutch have instead been going for the 'juichpak' with the item becoming something of a national sensation. The 'juichpak' is an orange jumpsuit made famous by the Dutch reality TV star and stylist Roy Donders.
The craze has seen the juichpak sell out in stores and crop up on bidding websites for more than double the retail price. Google reports that searches for 'juichpak' are outpacing those of the official jersey worn by the likes of Arjen Robben and Robin van Persie.
Watch Roy Donders in an advert for Dutch supermarket Jumbo...
Inevitably demand for the 'juichpak' will only increase if the Netherlands beat Mexico and advance to the quarter-finals.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed