Neymar: One Direction are an excellent band. I'd love to collaborate with them
Could a new anthem be in the offing for the World Cup finals?
Their rumoured World Cup song for England never materialised, but One Direction could still have a part to play at the tournament in Brazil this summer.
Neymar, the Brazilian playmaker and poster boy of the competition, has confessed his love for the "excellent" five piece, and says he would love to work with the world-dominating boyband.
The 22-year-old has a bit of time on his hands at the moment while he recovers from a foot injury to feature at the finals, which start on 12 June.
The Barcelona ace is no rookie when it comes to making music either, he's already released plenty of songs in South America.
"It's true, I like their songs," Neymar revealed in an interview with CNN.
"I think they are an excellent band. I have some of their songs on my playlist.
"Of course I would like to with them!"
Latest in Sport
Neil Warnock sacked: Crystal Palace confirm manager Warnock has been axed following the Boxing Day defeat to Southampton
Manchester United vs Newcastle match report: Brilliant Wayne Rooney scores twice to fire up United's unlikely title challenge
Manchester United injury news: Angel Di Maria unlikely to face Spurs as Marouane Fellaini's 'mystery illness' turns out to be rib injury
Arsenal vs QPR player ratings: Could anyone outshine new Gunners hero Alexis Sanchez and who was worse than villain Olivier Giroud?
Manchester United 3 Newcastle 1: 'I'm playing like Paul Scholes,' says Wayne Rooney
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)