Neymar out of World Cup 2014: The best and worst pictures of Neymar's impact on the 2014 World Cup
Neymar will miss the rest of the World Cup with a back injury, but his impact has already been felt by many
Saturday 05 July 2014
The news that Neymar has been ruled out of the rest of the 2014 World Cup not only dents Brazil’s chances of winning the tournament on home soil, but robs the rest of the world from seeing one of the most influential players of the World Cup so far.
Neymar shone on the first day of Brazil 2014 in the win over Croatia, while he also had impressive performances against Cameroon and Colombia as the tournament progressed.
While the likes of Fred and Hulk have failed to display their very best, Neymar has at times carried the nation to the semi-finals, but a fractured vertebrae will keep him out of the last-four tie and a subsequent final appearance should Brazil win on Tuesday when they meet Germany.
So how will Neymar’s impact on the 2014 World Cup be remembered?
Click the gallery below to view is defining moments.
Do you think Brazil can still win the World Cup without Neymar? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo: Unhappy forward is ready to quit Real Madrid, according to Angel Di Maria
Commonwealth Games 2014: Australia launch Glasgow swimwear - but are criticised for drawing attention to the 'crotch' area
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Jurgen Klopp concerned with Dortmund injuries and praises signings of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez
Hull City vs West Ham match report: Enner Valencia stars as honours shared at the KC Stadium
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid star is 'fed up'
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute