Neymar out of World Cup 2014: The best and worst pictures of Neymar's impact on the 2014 World Cup
Neymar will miss the rest of the World Cup with a back injury, but his impact has already been felt by many
The news that Neymar has been ruled out of the rest of the 2014 World Cup not only dents Brazil’s chances of winning the tournament on home soil, but robs the rest of the world from seeing one of the most influential players of the World Cup so far.
Neymar shone on the first day of Brazil 2014 in the win over Croatia, while he also had impressive performances against Cameroon and Colombia as the tournament progressed.
While the likes of Fred and Hulk have failed to display their very best, Neymar has at times carried the nation to the semi-finals, but a fractured vertebrae will keep him out of the last-four tie and a subsequent final appearance should Brazil win on Tuesday when they meet Germany.
So how will Neymar’s impact on the 2014 World Cup be remembered?
Click the gallery below to view is defining moments.
Do you think Brazil can still win the World Cup without Neymar? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network