Neymar out of World Cup 2014: The best and worst pictures of Neymar's impact on the 2014 World Cup
Neymar will miss the rest of the World Cup with a back injury, but his impact has already been felt by many
The news that Neymar has been ruled out of the rest of the 2014 World Cup not only dents Brazil’s chances of winning the tournament on home soil, but robs the rest of the world from seeing one of the most influential players of the World Cup so far.
Neymar shone on the first day of Brazil 2014 in the win over Croatia, while he also had impressive performances against Cameroon and Colombia as the tournament progressed.
While the likes of Fred and Hulk have failed to display their very best, Neymar has at times carried the nation to the semi-finals, but a fractured vertebrae will keep him out of the last-four tie and a subsequent final appearance should Brazil win on Tuesday when they meet Germany.
So how will Neymar’s impact on the 2014 World Cup be remembered?
Click the gallery below to view is defining moments.
Do you think Brazil can still win the World Cup without Neymar? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
The muddy truth of the Christmas Truce game
Alexis Sanchez video: Turns out the Arsenal forward is brilliant at playing the piano too
Burnley forward George Boyd has sympathy for Brendan Rodgers - because he struggled with Liverpool on Football Manager
James Milner lives up to 'boring' tag in brilliant Manchester City Christmas video
Sir Alex Ferguson on Jose Mourinho: 'He's good looking, speaks five languages, wins everything - it's unfair'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh