Nigeria 1 Bosnia-Herzegovina 0 player ratings: Peter Odemwingie or Edin Dzeko - who rated higher?
Sunday 22 June 2014
Bosnia-Herzegovina suffered their second successive World Cup defeat as Nigeria's 1-0 win in Cuiaba ended the debutants' hopes of reaching the knockout stages.
Peter Odemwinigie's smart first-half finish gave a sharper Super Eagles side their own first World Cup victory in 16 years, although Bosnia's Edin Dzeko saw an earlier effort wrongly chalked off for offside before hitting a post in second-half stoppage time.
The three points move Nigeria to second in Group F, with a draw in their final game against already-qualified Argentina enough to see them through.
So how did each player get on in the closely fought tie?
Click on the gallery below to find out.
Do you agree? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Sam Wallace: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern’s Double-winning season, but United’s problems run deeper and this league is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond