Pearce praises Arsenal winger Oxlade-Chamberlain
Thursday 10 November 2011
The England Under-21s manager, Stuart Pearce, feels Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can only get "better and better", both for club and country.
The 18-year-old Arsenal winger is in line to face Iceland in tonight's European Under-21 Championship Group Eight qualifier in Colchester, having scored a hat-trick in Reykjavik last month.
"Alex has played extremely well for us, so he is an improving talent," Pearce said. "He's a very level-headed lad and it's important they have a sensible head on their shoulders to see them through not just the good times, but the bad times."
Latest in Sport
WWE Raw results: The power of the Yes! Movement dominates as Daniel Bryan eyes Wrestlemania 30 main event
Toni Kroos admits switch to Manchester United is 'a possibility for me'
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 - player ratings: Who scored highest for the Gunners – Mesut Ozil or Lukas Podolski?
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 match report: Lukas Podolski goal fails to inspire comeback at the Allianz Arena as Gunners are knocked out of Champions League
Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to Arsenal and England striker
- 1 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 2 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results