Players banned from using Twitter during Euro 2012 tournament
Friday 01 June 2012
England have warned players to be careful when using Twitter at Euro 2102 while Spain and Denmark have banned their squad from using the social networking site during the tournament.
Teams fear that off the cuff remarks on Twitter could cause problems during this month's finals in Ukraine and Poland and other sides could follow the directives.
England captain Steven Gerrard told a news conference today: "We've been told not to be tweeting anything unnecessary."
Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas earlier tweeted: "From today we are not allowed to use social networks, I wish that the next picture I post will be with the Euro Cup. See you soon!"
Latest in Sport
QPR vs Arsenal match report: Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez on the scoresheet for the Gunners
Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Louis van Gaal describes performance as 'maybe our best match of the season'
Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid superstar 'sends his hair stylist to look after his waxwork once a month'
Newcastle vs Manchester United match report: Ashley Young scores late winner as Angel Di Maria fails to shine yet again
Arsenal's Gabriel suffers 36th-minute hamstring injury and is subbed off...Twitter reacts
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 4 African jawbone discovery pushes birth of humanity back by 400,000 years
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina