Preview: Cameroon v Denmark
Today, Pretoria, 7.30pm, ITV1
Saturday 19 June 2010
Denmark are struggling with injuries ahead of their first ever World Cup match against Cameroon, with strikers Nicklas Bendtner and Jon Dahl Tomasson struggling to be fit.
Both teams lost their opening games and will be looking for three points today to challenge the Netherlands and Japan for a place in the second round. Bendtner says he is ready to start, but admits he is not 100 per cent fit after being out for months with a groin injury. The Arsenal striker may be used regardless because Dahl Tomasson is still struggling with a hamstring injury.
For Cameroon, coach Paul Le Guen has to decide if he should recall seasoned campaigners such as defender Rigobert Song and Geremi and Arsenal midfielder Alexandre Song who were left out of the Japan game.
Latest in Sport
Mayweather-Pacquiao: Ricky Hatton, Mike Tyson, Ronda Rousey and more make their predictions
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
Kyle Walker video: Tottenham defender categorically denies 'disgusting' rumours on Facebook
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Arsenal transfer targets: The summer signings that would please Thierry Henry, including Sami Khedira and Edinson Cavani
- 1 The scientist who takes 100 drugs a day so he can live to 150
- 2 The Visit: Trailer for M Night Shyamalan's latest horror film is terrifying
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour