Rachel Yankey marks England milestone with win over Canada
Monday 08 April 2013
Arsenal’s Rachel Yankey matched Peter Shilton’s caps’ record as a last-gasp header from Ellen White gave England a 1-0 victory over Canada in Rotherham.
The women’s side’s first warm-up match ahead of Euro 2013 resulted in the same score as their victory over the Canadians last month in the final of the Cyprus Cup, a win secured by Yankey’s superb strike from distance.
Yankey made the 125th international appearance of a career dating back to 1997, although she had been substituted by the time England made the breakthrough in the 92nd minute when Fara Williams’ cross was nodded home by White.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Latest in Sport
Liverpool fans applaud Cristiano Ronaldo after master-class for Real Madrid, despite his Manchester United ties
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker forced into hospital ahead of Manchester United clash - reports
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough