Republic of Ireland 4 Georgia 0: Robbie Keane strikes twice on night he equals Shay Given's record caps haul
Monday 03 June 2013
Robbie Keane celebrated equalling Shay Given's record caps haul with his 55th and 56th goals for the Republic of Ireland as they cruised to a 4-0 victory over 10-man Georgia in Dublin yesterday. The LA Galaxy striker, who was handed his 125th appearance as a second-half substitute, struck 13 minutes from time and then again with 88 minutes gone to cement a comfortable victory.
Goals from Derby's Richard Keogh, his first for Ireland, and Simon Cox either side of half-time had given Ireland the lead after Georgia had goalkeeper Giorgi Loria sent off for a 20th-minute foul on Shane Long.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Transfer deadline day: The best memes and tweets, featuring Radamel Falcao, Javier Hernandez and Bart Simpson
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127