Republic of Ireland 4 Georgia 0: Robbie Keane strikes twice on night he equals Shay Given's record caps haul
Monday 03 June 2013
Robbie Keane celebrated equalling Shay Given's record caps haul with his 55th and 56th goals for the Republic of Ireland as they cruised to a 4-0 victory over 10-man Georgia in Dublin yesterday. The LA Galaxy striker, who was handed his 125th appearance as a second-half substitute, struck 13 minutes from time and then again with 88 minutes gone to cement a comfortable victory.
Goals from Derby's Richard Keogh, his first for Ireland, and Simon Cox either side of half-time had given Ireland the lead after Georgia had goalkeeper Giorgi Loria sent off for a 20th-minute foul on Shane Long.
Latest in Sport
QPR vs Arsenal match report: Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez on the scoresheet for the Gunners
Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Louis van Gaal describes performance as 'maybe our best match of the season'
Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid superstar 'sends his hair stylist to look after his waxwork once a month'
Newcastle vs Manchester United match report: Ashley Young scores late winner as Angel Di Maria fails to shine yet again
Brooklyn Beckham to be released: Why Arsenal could regret letting David Beckham's son depart
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway in dense fog
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 The majority of sex workers enjoy their job - why should we find that surprising?