Research shows cost to fans of following England at Euro 2012
Thursday 03 May 2012
England fans will have to spend more than £2,000 for going to the three group games at Euro 2012, according to new research.
Getting through all three Group D games against France, Sweden and Ukraine will cost England fans around £2,122, with the opening match against France in Donetsk costing around £819, according to Virgin Money's Football Fans' Inflation Index.
Researchers based costs on a three-night hotel stay, travel, food and drink, tickets and a new replica shirt for the tournament.
The average cost of a three-night stay in the cheapest hotel in Donetsk, where England kick-off against France, is around £114 making it the cheapest of the venues. Kiev, where England play Sweden, comes in at £660.
It will cost fans £4,326 to follow England all the way to the final - cheaper though than the Republic of Ireland (£5,131) and Spain (£5,599).
Latest in Sport
Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies from spine injury after doing somersault celebration
How Real Madrid started copying Barcelona's old pass masters, and began reaping the rewards
Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Anderlecht vs Arsenal: Champions League match preview
Chelsea vs Maribor player ratings: Cesc Fabregas? Eden Hazard? Didier Drogba? Who was the star of the show at Stamford Bridge?
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat