Research shows cost to fans of following England at Euro 2012
Thursday 03 May 2012
England fans will have to spend more than £2,000 for going to the three group games at Euro 2012, according to new research.
Getting through all three Group D games against France, Sweden and Ukraine will cost England fans around £2,122, with the opening match against France in Donetsk costing around £819, according to Virgin Money's Football Fans' Inflation Index.
Researchers based costs on a three-night hotel stay, travel, food and drink, tickets and a new replica shirt for the tournament.
The average cost of a three-night stay in the cheapest hotel in Donetsk, where England kick-off against France, is around £114 making it the cheapest of the venues. Kiev, where England play Sweden, comes in at £660.
It will cost fans £4,326 to follow England all the way to the final - cheaper though than the Republic of Ireland (£5,131) and Spain (£5,599).
Latest in Sport
Have Liverpool found the next Luis Suarez? Reds give trial to Uruguayan wonderkid Juan Manuel Sanabria
UFC 190 Ronda Rousey vs Bethe Correia: What time does it start and where can I watch it, plus Mauricio Rua vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Aaron Ramsey interview: Wales midfielder determined to be centre of attention for Arsenal this season
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
Community Shield: Arsene Wenger needs to strike first blow in rivalry with Jose Mourinho
- 1 National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 4 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 5 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series