Rhodes leads to Scotland win
Thursday 16 August 2012
A first Scotland goal from Jordan Rhodes put Craig Levein's side on their way to a 3-1 win over Australia at Easter Road last night. Rhodes' 29th-minute header cancelled out Mark Bresciano's opener before an own goal by Jason Davidson and a Ross McCormack finish gave Scotland victory.
Wales were beaten 2-0 by Bosnia at a sparsely populated Parc Y Scarlets in Llanelli, Vedad Ibisevic putting the visitors in front in the 21st minute with a tap-in, then Miroslav Stevanovic adding a second just after half time.
Northern Ireland let slip a two-goal lead in a 3-3 home draw with Finland, while a much-changed Republic of Ireland held Serbia 0-0.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea players allowed 20 minutes to celebrate, says Jose Mourinho after Capital One Cup victory
Liverpool vs Manchester City match report: Stunners from Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson sink Manuel Pellegrini's side
Arsenal 2 Everton 0 player ratings: Who scored highest at the Emirates?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Chelsea vs Tottenham - Capital One Cup final match report: Captain John Terry inspires Blues triumph at Wembley Stadium
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'