Robin van Persie set to feature for Netherlands
Wednesday 29 February 2012
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie looks set to play for Holland in tonight's friendly against England despite suffering an injury scare last night.
Van Persie failed to complete the final part of the Oranje's hour-long training session yesterday after feeling a tightness in his groin.
The 28-year-old sat out a training match during the session at Wembley, but the problem is thought to be minor and Press Association Sport understands the Dutch are confident he will be fit to lead the line for the visitors in tonight's friendly.
The Arsenal frontman, along with the rest of his international team-mates, will be tested this afternoon but Dutch officials are believed to be happy that the striker is fit enough to play.
Van Persie has been in superb form this season, scoring 33 goals for club and country.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat