Robin van Persie set to feature for Netherlands
Wednesday 29 February 2012
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie looks set to play for Holland in tonight's friendly against England despite suffering an injury scare last night.
Van Persie failed to complete the final part of the Oranje's hour-long training session yesterday after feeling a tightness in his groin.
The 28-year-old sat out a training match during the session at Wembley, but the problem is thought to be minor and Press Association Sport understands the Dutch are confident he will be fit to lead the line for the visitors in tonight's friendly.
The Arsenal frontman, along with the rest of his international team-mates, will be tested this afternoon but Dutch officials are believed to be happy that the striker is fit enough to play.
Van Persie has been in superb form this season, scoring 33 goals for club and country.
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie: Manchester United may have more joy if striker is dropped by David Moyes
Why does Manuel Pellegrini keep picking Martin Demichelis for Manchester City?
England 29 Wales 18 match report: Stuart Lancaster's men enjoy their day in the sun at expense of weary Wales
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pleads for 'fair chance' from referee in Champions League clash
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks