Robin van Persie set to feature for Netherlands
Wednesday 29 February 2012
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie looks set to play for Holland in tonight's friendly against England despite suffering an injury scare last night.
Van Persie failed to complete the final part of the Oranje's hour-long training session yesterday after feeling a tightness in his groin.
The 28-year-old sat out a training match during the session at Wembley, but the problem is thought to be minor and Press Association Sport understands the Dutch are confident he will be fit to lead the line for the visitors in tonight's friendly.
The Arsenal frontman, along with the rest of his international team-mates, will be tested this afternoon but Dutch officials are believed to be happy that the striker is fit enough to play.
Van Persie has been in superb form this season, scoring 33 goals for club and country.
Latest in Sport
Phil Jagielka: I may never win back England place, says Everton defender
Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
Rio Ferdinand mocks Jamie Carragher's Liverpudlian accent... but Liverpool man hits back at Londoner
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Just like Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United, Gareth Bale says he hopes to return to Tottenham 'one day'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster