Robin van Persie withdraws from Holland squad
Monday 07 February 2011
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has pulled out of the Holland squad for Wednesday night's friendly against Austria due to flu.
Van Persie played the full 90 minutes, scoring twice, for the Gunners in their 4-4 draw with Newcastle at the weekend but has been deemed unfit for the clash in Eindhoven.
Holland boss Bert van Marwijk, who is also without midfielders Rafael van der Vaart and Nigel de Jong, has called up FC Twente's Luuk de Jong as a replacement.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'