Robin van Persie withdraws from Holland squad
Monday 07 February 2011
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has pulled out of the Holland squad for Wednesday night's friendly against Austria due to flu.
Van Persie played the full 90 minutes, scoring twice, for the Gunners in their 4-4 draw with Newcastle at the weekend but has been deemed unfit for the clash in Eindhoven.
Holland boss Bert van Marwijk, who is also without midfielders Rafael van der Vaart and Nigel de Jong, has called up FC Twente's Luuk de Jong as a replacement.
Latest in Sport
Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Compare the Barcelona and Real Madrid players in El Clasico
Paul Scholes column: I'm not worried about Manchester United's defence - Chelsea test can be the making of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Jose Mourinho to push for Diego Costa to play at Old Trafford
Tim Sherwood: The mavericks have always needed special handling – but Balotelli is not delivering his side of the bargain for Liverpool
Sunderland vs Arsenal: Premier League match preview
- 1 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 2 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo