Ronaldinho dropped from Brazil squad following missed penalty against England
The former Barcelona player's hopes of featuring at a home World Cup have taken a blow
Tuesday 05 March 2013
Mercurial forward Ronaldinho was dropped by Brazil todayas coach Luiz Felipe Scolari named his squad for this month's friendlies against Italy and Russia.
Ronaldinho had a miserable game against England last month when he was substituted at halftime after missing a penalty.
Kaka was named in the squad after being left out of the England match, the first of Scolari's second stint in charge.
Brazil, the 2014 World Cup hosts, face Italy in Geneva on March 21 and Russia in London, at Stamford Bridge, on March 25.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers