Ronaldinho dropped from Brazil squad following missed penalty against England
The former Barcelona player's hopes of featuring at a home World Cup have taken a blow
Tuesday 05 March 2013
Mercurial forward Ronaldinho was dropped by Brazil todayas coach Luiz Felipe Scolari named his squad for this month's friendlies against Italy and Russia.
Ronaldinho had a miserable game against England last month when he was substituted at halftime after missing a penalty.
Kaka was named in the squad after being left out of the England match, the first of Scolari's second stint in charge.
Brazil, the 2014 World Cup hosts, face Italy in Geneva on March 21 and Russia in London, at Stamford Bridge, on March 25.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
Jack Wilshere's final-day strike wins Match of the Day's Goal of the Season award after Arsenal fans hijack vote
Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
Chelsea victory parade: Fans chuck celery at Sky News presenter ahead of champion's parade through London
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers safe for now as owners target signings - with £20m Christian Benteke top of list
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says