Ronaldinho dropped from Brazil squad following missed penalty against England
The former Barcelona player's hopes of featuring at a home World Cup have taken a blow
Tuesday 05 March 2013
Mercurial forward Ronaldinho was dropped by Brazil todayas coach Luiz Felipe Scolari named his squad for this month's friendlies against Italy and Russia.
Ronaldinho had a miserable game against England last month when he was substituted at halftime after missing a penalty.
Kaka was named in the squad after being left out of the England match, the first of Scolari's second stint in charge.
Brazil, the 2014 World Cup hosts, face Italy in Geneva on March 21 and Russia in London, at Stamford Bridge, on March 25.
Latest in Sport
Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Compare the Barcelona and Real Madrid players in El Clasico
Paul Scholes column: I'm not worried about Manchester United's defence - Chelsea test can be the making of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo
Tim Sherwood: The mavericks have always needed special handling – but Balotelli is not delivering his side of the bargain for Liverpool
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Modesty of Louis van Gaal makes nice contrast with his old pupil Jose Mourinho
Real Madrid analysis: Toni Kroos control may give extra edge that enables Real Madrid to retain Champions League crown
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands