Ronaldo books Portugal's spot
Portugal 6 Bosnia 2 (Portugal win 6-2 on aggregate)
Wednesday 16 November 2011
Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice and set up another to help Portugal thrash 10-man Bosnia 6-2 in Lisbon and book their place in Poland and Ukraine next year.
Nani chipped in with a 25-yard effort, ex-Spurs striker Helder Postiga also scored twice and Miguel Veloso got another for the home side to wrap up victory.
Bosnia fought back to 3-2 down with 25 minutes to go but were undone by midfielder Senad Lulic's red card.
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
By performing as African Americans or Indians, white people get to play act a kind of 'imaginary liberation', writes Michael Mark Cohen
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site this morning
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
Sami Khedira transfer news: Arsenal can win the Premier League if they sign Khedira in January, says Perry Groves
Paul Scholes: At last! Some credit for Sam Allardyce
Manchester City vs Manchester United analysis: Manuel Pellegrini has no excuse for City's lack of a Plan B, writes Danny Higginbotham
Impressive Kurt Zouma may save Chelsea millions by replacing John Terry
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream