Ronaldo has world at his feet – for now
Saturday 22 May 2010
The world's most expensive footballer casts a giant shadow in Portugal in the run-up to the World Cup, where he will captain the national side, but shoppers yesterday in a Lisbon mall looked generally unimpressed at the new 30ft statue of the £80m man.
England can only hope the real thing will be as leaden-footed in South Africa.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage