Russia 1 South Korea 1 player ratings: Did Igor Akinfeev score lowest after his howler?
A look at the individual performances in Group H
Wednesday 18 June 2014
Fabio Capello must have thought it was 2010 all over again when he saw his goalkeeper give away a shocking goal.
Igor Akinfeev fumbled Lee Keun-ho's speculative shot into his own net to give South Korea the lead after 68 minutes.
Thankfully for the former England manager, who may have had memories of Rob Green's gaffe against the USA in South Africa, he saw his team draw level just a few minutes later when Aleksandr Kerzhakov scored after coming off the bench.
Who do you think was the stand out performer? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs West Brom: Jose Mourinho says Diego Costa is ready for ‘marathon’ Christmas
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Arsene Wenger insists clash at the Emirates Stadium remains battle of the giants
Tim Sherwood column: If David Moyes' bold move works it will open doors for British managers
Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Yaya Toure or Steven Gerrard? No, it's Mile Jedinak who is the best midfielder in the Premier League
Manchester United transfer news: Robin van Persie could leave this summer with Edinson Cavani and Thomas Muller on United wish-list
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Largest ever study into the gay gene 'erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice'