Russia 1 South Korea 1 player ratings: Did Igor Akinfeev score lowest after his howler?
A look at the individual performances in Group H
Wednesday 18 June 2014
Fabio Capello must have thought it was 2010 all over again when he saw his goalkeeper give away a shocking goal.
Igor Akinfeev fumbled Lee Keun-ho's speculative shot into his own net to give South Korea the lead after 68 minutes.
Thankfully for the former England manager, who may have had memories of Rob Green's gaffe against the USA in South Africa, he saw his team draw level just a few minutes later when Aleksandr Kerzhakov scored after coming off the bench.
Who do you think was the stand out performer? Let us know in the comments below.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Latest in Sport
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God