Scotland call up wingers Gary Mackay-Steven and Craig Conway
Gordon Strachan's side are due to play the United States and Norway
Tuesday 12 November 2013
Scotland have called up wingers Gary Mackay-Steven and Craig Conway for their friendlies against the United States and Norway.
The Scottish Football Association had earlier confirmed that Celtic's James Forrest and Birmingham wide man Chris Burke had pulled out ahead of Friday night's Hampden clash with the USA.
Conway won the last of his five caps when he came on as a substitute during Scotland's 3-2 defeat by England at Wembley in August.
The 28-year-old moved from Cardiff to Brighton soon after that game and has played regularly in recent weeks.
Former Scotland Under-21 player Mackay-Steven has been in several squads but has yet to make his full international debut.
The 23-year-old was on top form as Dundee United won 4-0 at Motherwell on Saturday.
Forrest went off with an unspecified injury during Celtic's 4-1 win at Ross County on Saturday. He last played for Scotland in the 2-0 defeat by Belgium in September after being troubled by sciatica during the early part of the season.
Burke came off with an ankle injury during his side's weekend clash with Huddersfield.
Latest in Sport
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Manchester United? 'My next move will be a surprise' says PSG striker
Ashes 2015 live: Latest score and updates with Australia on the brink of humiliating defeat after Jimmy Anderson claims David Warner wicket
David De Gea to Real Madrid: Spanish club resume £28m pursuit after fending Manchester United off Sergio Ramos
Diego Costa biography: Chelsea striker's route to the top - from those who shared his journey
Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United: Has Memphis Depay revealed 'mystery striker' target?
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'