Scotland fans in clear over Neymar
Wednesday 30 March 2011
Arsenal have confirmed a German tourist has admitted to throwing a banana at Brazil's goalscorer Neymar during his side's 2-0 win over Scotland at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.
The striker was jeered throughout the match and afterwards complained of being a victim of racist abuse from the Tartan Army, but the revelation from the German teenager has proved this not to be the case. The Metropolitan Police were satisfied there was no racist intent and that no action will be taken against the fan.
Latest in Sport
Jose Mourinho claims Cristiano Ronaldo and his Real Madrid team-mates spend too much time looking in the mirror
Ashley Cole and Luke Shaw rise to the bait to deny they are the rumoured 'gay England footballer'
Former British tennis No 1 Elena Baltacha told she has liver cancer
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United: Robin van Persie wrong to label Wayne Rooney a space invader
Robin van Persie: Manchester United manager David Moyes a 'little bit surprised' after striker plays 90 minutes for Netherlands day after being sick
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
- 5 Livr: A social network only for drunk people