Serbia prepare for opening 'fury'
Serbia v Ghana: Tomorrow, 3pm, ITV1
Saturday 12 June 2010
Serbia defender Aleksandar Kolarov is expecting his side's opener against Ghana in Pretoria to be a "furious" affair. These two both have the ability to challenge Germany in Group D so a good start is key.
"We are in for a furious match against Ghana," said Kolarov. "But we all play in tough teams and in tough leagues, so we are used to tough matches. A lot of people see Germany as the group favourites but I think there is very little between the teams and I expect a four-way dogfight."
Ghana's final ambition
Having reached the last 16 in Germany, Ghana are aiming even higher this time. "We want to get out of our group and get to the semi-finals or even further," said Sulley Muntari, the Internazionale midfielder. "Germany are the group favourites and so it will doubtless come down to Serbia – we don't know what to expect against them."
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes head injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Robin van Persie says it's 'still possible' for Manchester United to win the Premier League title this season, but admits it will be 'very hard'
Sam Wallace: Players of Suarez’s standing just don’t sign for clubs like Liverpool
Lionel Messi transfer news: Manuel Pellegrini dismisses £200m Manchester City move for Barcelona star as 'rumours and only rumours'
Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film