Sergio Busquets takes Antoine Griezmann volley full in the face during Spain's defeat to France
Barcelona midfielder left needing treatment on the pitch
Friday 05 September 2014
Spain have endured a tough few months on the international stage.
After being humiliated at the World Cup, key performers Xavi, David Villa and Xabi Alonso have now retired from international football following a decade of unprecedented success.
At the Stade de France last night, Vicente del Bosque begun a new era for La Roja with a new look side led by Sergio Ramos.
Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets started in his usual midfield spot, but only lasted the first half after taking a volley full in the face from Antoine Griezmann.
The French crowd let out a moan as Busquets was struck by the ferocious shot.
Busquets was left needing treatment on the pitch and carried on until the end of the half before staying in the dressing room after the break.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Liverpool injury news: Brendan Rodgers could be without up to seven players for Burnley game... as Jordon Ibe posts picture of knee brace
Arsenal shareholders Stan Kroenke, Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri appear on Forbes' rich list - with a combined net worth of £14.9bn
Watch the moment a basketball player reassures a small boy after a mass brawl erupted on court
Jon Stewart brings The Daily Show to WWE Raw as Seth Rollins pays the price for feud with TV presenter
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw