Shay Given cleared for Republic of Ireland return ahead of Euro 2012
Friday 25 May 2012
Shay Given has been told he can resume training next week after as he recovers from a knee injury.
The Republic of Ireland goalkeeper visited a specialist in London yesterday, who confirmed the diagnosis of the Irish medical team and approved their recovery plan. Given, therefore, seems likely to miss Saturday's friendly against Bosnia in Dublin.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police