Shay Given cleared for Republic of Ireland return ahead of Euro 2012
Friday 25 May 2012
Shay Given has been told he can resume training next week after as he recovers from a knee injury.
The Republic of Ireland goalkeeper visited a specialist in London yesterday, who confirmed the diagnosis of the Irish medical team and approved their recovery plan. Given, therefore, seems likely to miss Saturday's friendly against Bosnia in Dublin.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want