Shay Given returns to Republic of Ireland training ahead of Euro 2012
Friday 08 June 2012
Republic of Ireland keeper Shay Given was back in training today a little more than 48 hours before his side's Euro 2012 opener against Croatia.
The 36-year-old, who sat out parts of yesterday's session, was back between the posts as this morning's session at the Municipal Stadium in Gdynia ended with a game.
Given's fitness has been a concern since he damaged a knee in Malahide a day after joining up, with a calf strain and blistered feet since sparking fresh unease despite reassurances from goalkeeping coach Alan Kelly and assistant manager Marco Tardelli.
All 23 players were present and correct as they prepared to head for Poznan tomorrow in advance of Sunday night's Group C encounter with the Croatians.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Frustrated Steven Gerrard should have started crucial game between Liverpool and Manchester United
Paul Scholes: It's amazing Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has so few caps for England
New kits for 2015/16: Have the Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona strips been leaked?
What time does WWE Wrestlemania 31 start? Full match card and predictions ahead of Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns and Sting vs Triple H
England vs Lithuania: Theo Walcott 'at risk of being left behind' in Three Lions pecking order
- 1 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
- 5 Cate Blanchett loses temper during interview: 'That's your f**king question?'