South Korea vs Algeria player ratings World Cup 2014
A look at the individual performances from this six goal thriller
Sunday 22 June 2014
Those who tuned in to a game billed as possibly the least glamorous of the 2014 World Cup were treated to one of the most thrilling matches yet.
Within 38 minutes Algeria, a team not known for their attacking credentials, were 3-0 up. Islam Slimani, Rafik Halliche and Abdelmoumene Djabou were the goalscorers.
With the game seemingly over, five minutes after half-time Son Heung Min gave South Korea hope.
Yacine Brahimi restored the three goal advantage but with 20 minutes left to play Koo Jacheol gave the game life again.
With so many chances for both sides, this one remained in the balance until the final whistle, but it ended 4-2 and with it gave Algeria a huge chance of progressing. For South Korea, they must win their next match against Belgium to stand a chance of reaching the knock-out phase.
Who do you think was the stand-out performer? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Phil Hughes: Batsman had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Schalke vs Chelsea: Roberto Di Matteo admits thrashing by former side was most painful defeat of his career
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football