South Korea vs Algeria player ratings World Cup 2014
A look at the individual performances from this six goal thriller
Sunday 22 June 2014
Those who tuned in to a game billed as possibly the least glamorous of the 2014 World Cup were treated to one of the most thrilling matches yet.
Within 38 minutes Algeria, a team not known for their attacking credentials, were 3-0 up. Islam Slimani, Rafik Halliche and Abdelmoumene Djabou were the goalscorers.
With the game seemingly over, five minutes after half-time Son Heung Min gave South Korea hope.
Yacine Brahimi restored the three goal advantage but with 20 minutes left to play Koo Jacheol gave the game life again.
With so many chances for both sides, this one remained in the balance until the final whistle, but it ended 4-2 and with it gave Algeria a huge chance of progressing. For South Korea, they must win their next match against Belgium to stand a chance of reaching the knock-out phase.
Who do you think was the stand-out performer? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have 'too many strikers' claims Arsene Wenger, despite admitting Lukas Podolski is 'not a real centre-forward'
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Fernando Torres to AC Milan: Jose Mourinho talks up Mattia Destro with Torres on verge of Chelsea exit
Mario Balotelli has been 'spoken to at length' and Liverpool have ensured he lives on Merseyside rather than Manchester
Burnley vs Manchester United: Why Louis van Gaal has been unflustered by United's terrible start to the season
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'