Suarez: I'm no diver
Saturday 15 October 2011
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has hit back at his critics by insisting: "I have never been a diver".
While the Uruguay international's performances have impressed since arriving at Anfield from Ajax in January, the striker has also been accused of making too much of challenges. Suarez, however, insists there is nothing sinister about his reaction to tackles.
"I don't trick anybody," the forward told The Sun ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester United. "I have never been a diver - only a forward who receives so many fouls. The Premier League is more exciting than anywhere else I have played and it's always a battle because it is so physical."
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Play-acting mystifies me. I was taught not to show pain
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Tottenham Hotspur vs Partizan Belgrade match report: Spurs go through in Europa League - but pitch invaders grab the attention
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship