Suarez: I'm no diver
Saturday 15 October 2011
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has hit back at his critics by insisting: "I have never been a diver".
While the Uruguay international's performances have impressed since arriving at Anfield from Ajax in January, the striker has also been accused of making too much of challenges. Suarez, however, insists there is nothing sinister about his reaction to tackles.
"I don't trick anybody," the forward told The Sun ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester United. "I have never been a diver - only a forward who receives so many fouls. The Premier League is more exciting than anywhere else I have played and it's always a battle because it is so physical."
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Met Police confirm there was a 'minor disturbance' and that no-one was arrested
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Does Chris Grayling realise what a vague concept he is dealing with?
Trend which requires crisps, a fork and a strong stomach is sweeping Mexico's streets
Parties threaten resort's image as a family destination
I Am Bread could actually be a challenging and nuanced title
Latest in Sport
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'