Sylvain Distin announces retirement from international football on Twitter after a total of ZERO call-ups
The Everton defender jokingly announced he no longer wishes to be considered by France
Samir Nasri's girlfriend is not the only person to have been tweeting about the French national football team.
Sylvain Distin, one of the most consistent defenders over the last decade in the Premier League, has announced his retirement from international football.
His announcement, just weeks out from the World Cup, comes after a grand total of zero caps for Les Bleus.
Throughout his career, spanning clubs including Paris St Germain, Newcastle, Manchester City, Portsmouth and currently Everton, Distin has been overlooked for a call-up.
And it would seem the 36-year-old has given up all hope (but not his sense of humour) after France coach Didier Deschampsfailed to give him the call for Brazil.
I m retiring from France team. It was a wonderful experience and after a record of #0 cap it's time to say goodbye and focus on my club ?; Sylvain Distin (@sylvaind15tin) May 14, 2014
The World Cup, which starts on June 12, sees France in Group E with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras.
Latest in Sport
MK Dons 4 Manchester United 0: Emmanuel Frimpong and Edin Dzeko lead the jokes as the internet reacts to humiliating defeat
Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
Manchester United transfer news: Daley Blind will only move for 'top price'
Arsenal vs Besiktas match report: Alexis Sanchez scores only goal as Gunners survive night of nerves to qualify for Champions League
Arsenal vs Besiktas player ratings: Alexis Sanchez? Jack Wilshere? Mesut Ozil? Who was the star man at the Emirates Stadium?
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does