Sylvain Distin announces retirement from international football on Twitter after a total of ZERO call-ups
The Everton defender jokingly announced he no longer wishes to be considered by France
Samir Nasri's girlfriend is not the only person to have been tweeting about the French national football team.
Sylvain Distin, one of the most consistent defenders over the last decade in the Premier League, has announced his retirement from international football.
His announcement, just weeks out from the World Cup, comes after a grand total of zero caps for Les Bleus.
Throughout his career, spanning clubs including Paris St Germain, Newcastle, Manchester City, Portsmouth and currently Everton, Distin has been overlooked for a call-up.
And it would seem the 36-year-old has given up all hope (but not his sense of humour) after France coach Didier Deschampsfailed to give him the call for Brazil.
I m retiring from France team. It was a wonderful experience and after a record of #0 cap it's time to say goodbye and focus on my club ?; Sylvain Distin (@sylvaind15tin) May 14, 2014
The World Cup, which starts on June 12, sees France in Group E with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have no plans to stock Petr Cech inspired caps in club shops - yet
Nathaniel Clyne joins Liverpool: Transfer news live - Arda Turan decision, Petr Cech reaction, Sergio Ramos to Manchester United
Christian Benteke to Liverpool: Aston Villa striker ready to reject Tottenham
Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager despite Premier League survival
Arda Turan announcement expected on Friday: Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United possible destinations
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network