Sylvain Distin announces retirement from international football on Twitter after a total of ZERO call-ups
The Everton defender jokingly announced he no longer wishes to be considered by France
Samir Nasri's girlfriend is not the only person to have been tweeting about the French national football team.
Sylvain Distin, one of the most consistent defenders over the last decade in the Premier League, has announced his retirement from international football.
His announcement, just weeks out from the World Cup, comes after a grand total of zero caps for Les Bleus.
Throughout his career, spanning clubs including Paris St Germain, Newcastle, Manchester City, Portsmouth and currently Everton, Distin has been overlooked for a call-up.
And it would seem the 36-year-old has given up all hope (but not his sense of humour) after France coach Didier Deschampsfailed to give him the call for Brazil.
I m retiring from France team. It was a wonderful experience and after a record of #0 cap it's time to say goodbye and focus on my club ?; Sylvain Distin (@sylvaind15tin) May 14, 2014
The World Cup, which starts on June 12, sees France in Group E with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras.
Latest in Sport
How Liverpool can catch Manchester United and secure Champions League football next season
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger reveals: 'We are not close to signing anybody. We need to lose some players'
Danny Jones: Keighley Cougars half-back dies after cardiac arrest during league game
Chelsea season player ratings: Grading the entire squad of the new Premier League champions
Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao by a unanimous points decision - but Pacquiao thinks he should have won, saying 'he did nothing'
- 1 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail