Ticket blunder in England game
Thursday 03 March 2011
The Welsh Football Association has apologised after being forced to ask England supporters to return almost 1,000 tickets for the Euro 2012 qualifier in Cardiff this month.
The 951 tickets were part of an additional allocation of 1,500 for the Millennium Stadium encounter issued last month, which sold out within four hours. The majority of the tickets were released due to an administrative error, with the FA left to contact supporters to offer refunds for their return.
"The total tickets that could be made available for sale was incorrect," FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said. "I would like to apologise unreservedly."
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more