Ticket blunder in England game
Thursday 03 March 2011
The Welsh Football Association has apologised after being forced to ask England supporters to return almost 1,000 tickets for the Euro 2012 qualifier in Cardiff this month.
The 951 tickets were part of an additional allocation of 1,500 for the Millennium Stadium encounter issued last month, which sold out within four hours. The majority of the tickets were released due to an administrative error, with the FA left to contact supporters to offer refunds for their return.
"The total tickets that could be made available for sale was incorrect," FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said. "I would like to apologise unreservedly."
Latest in Sport
QPR 1 Arsenal 2: Arsene Wenger praises 'mental strength' of strikers Alexis Sanchez and Olivier Giroud in win over QPR
Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Louis van Gaal describes performance as 'maybe our best match of the season'
Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid superstar 'sends his hair stylist to look after his waxwork once a month'
Newcastle vs Manchester United match report: Ashley Young scores late winner as Angel Di Maria fails to shine yet again
Brooklyn Beckham to be released: Why Arsenal could regret letting David Beckham's son depart
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 4 Penis size: Study revealing 'what's normal' sends international media into meltdown
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for