Ticket blunder in England game
Thursday 03 March 2011
The Welsh Football Association has apologised after being forced to ask England supporters to return almost 1,000 tickets for the Euro 2012 qualifier in Cardiff this month.
The 951 tickets were part of an additional allocation of 1,500 for the Millennium Stadium encounter issued last month, which sold out within four hours. The majority of the tickets were released due to an administrative error, with the FA left to contact supporters to offer refunds for their return.
"The total tickets that could be made available for sale was incorrect," FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said. "I would like to apologise unreservedly."
Latest in Sport
Petr Cech demands talks over Chelsea future as Thibaut Courtois begs him to stay – as mentor
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Sami Khedira to Arsenal: Midfield omitted from Real Madrid squad for Spanish Super Cup
David Gold furious after Carlton Cole parody account mocks up a picture of West Ham chairman as a suspect in the Madeleine McCann case
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence