Tom Ince double as England Under-21s cruise to friendly victory over Sweden
England win 4-0 in Walsall
Tuesday 05 February 2013
Tom Ince scored twice as England Under-21s opened their preparations for this summer's European Championship finals with a 4-0 friendly victory over Sweden in Walsall.
The highly regarded Blackpool forward registered his first goals at Under-21 level, one after Josh McEachran's penalty was saved, either side of setting up Jonjo Shelvey's tap-in as Stuart Pearce's side took complete control before half-time at a wet Banks's Stadium.
Substitute Connor Wickham headed a fourth after the break in what was a disjointed second period following a raft of substitutions.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Sam Wallace: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern’s Double-winning season, but United’s problems run deeper and this league is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond