Trapattoni picks his strongest side
Friday 07 October 2011
Giovanni Trapattoni has picked his strongest available team for tonight's Euro 2012 qualifier in Andorra.
Darren O'Dea will partner Sean St Ledger in central defence as Richard Dunne serves a one-match ban, while Glenn Whelan will continue in midfield despite heading into the tie at the Estadi Comunale on a yellow card. LA Galaxy's Robbie Keane will join forces with Kevin Doyle in attack.
Ireland Given; O'Shea, St Ledger, O'Dea, Ward; Duff, Whelan, Andrews, McGeady; Doyle, Keane (capt).
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Female BBC presenter receives offensive and sexist letter after she criticised level of women's sport given TV coverage and sponsorship
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
West Brom vs Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey desperate to be back in the middle for Arsenal title challenge
Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace