Trouble flares as Greece up the heat
Saturday 08 October 2011
The tension at the top-of-the-table showdown in Group F between Greece and Croatia in Piraeus spilled over into violence as a petrol bomb was thrown at the Croatian fans.
It meant a tricky evening for English referee Howard Webb as gangs of rival fans fought in the stands and players had to appeal for calm. Greece won 2-0 to take a giant step towards the finals.
Latest in Sport
Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Louis van Gaal describes performance as 'maybe our best match of the season'
Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid superstar 'sends his hair stylist to look after his waxwork once a month'
Liverpool vs Burnley match report: Reds extend their run after Jordan Henderson's stunning opening strike
Newcastle vs Manchester United match report: Ashley Young scores late winner as Angel Di Maria fails to shine yet again
Brooklyn Beckham to be released: Why Arsenal could regret letting David Beckham's son depart
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway in dense fog
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina