U19 European Championship: England lose in semi-finals
Friday 13 July 2012
England lost their Under-19 Euro semi-final 2-1 after extra time against 10-man Greece in Estonia yesterday. Noel Blake's side were 12 games unbeaten and chasing an historic double by winning the Euro title at both U17 and U19 level.
Mavroudis Bougaidis headed the Greeks ahead but England were given a chance to level when keeper Stefanos Kapino brought down Benik Afobe and was sent off. Rob Hall, however, missed the penalty.
Afobe later equalised but England could not find the breakthrough and were punished by Charalambos Lykogiannis' lob during extra time.
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more