Vicente Del Bosque's signs new deal to lead Spain to 2014 World Cup
Wednesday 18 April 2012
Vicente del Bosque, the Spain coach, said yesterday that he had signed a contract extension, after being offered a new two-year deal.
Del Bosque told a Spanish radio station he had "renewed" his deal with the Spanish federation but did not divulge the length of the agreement.
A two-year contract would enable him to lead Spain's World Cup defence in Brazil in 2014.
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand