Vincent Kompany played 90 minutes for Belgium against Australia despite calf injury concerns for Manchester City defender
Belgium 2 Australia 0
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany played the full 90 minutes for Belgium despite worries over a calf injury.
The centre-back suffered the injury during training on Tuesday and had to have a scan to ensure the damage wasn't significant.
Belgium boss Marc Wilmots said he would take no chances with the 28-year-old Kompany passed a fitness test and played the full 90 minutes.
Belgium eventually won the match 2-0 thanks to goals from Dries Mertens and Axel Witsel.
Manchester City have a huge couple of weeks on the horizon, with Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Chelsea their next three matches.
Manuel Pellegrini may be pleased his captain is fit and ready for these crucial few weeks. However, he could be left wondering why Kompany was risked for an international friendly.
Latest in Sport
Have Liverpool found the next Luis Suarez? Reds give trial to Uruguayan wonderkid Juan Manuel Sanabria
UFC 190 Ronda Rousey vs Bethe Correia: What time does it start and where can I watch it, plus Mauricio Rua vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Aaron Ramsey interview: Wales midfielder determined to be centre of attention for Arsenal this season
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
Community Shield: Arsene Wenger needs to strike first blow in rivalry with Jose Mourinho
- 1 National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 4 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 5 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series