Wales are facing a UEFA investigation after their supporters ran on to the pitch to celebrate Gareth Bale's late winner in Andorra on Tuesday night.
UEFA started disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association of Wales on Wednesday for the pitch invasion during the Euro 2016 qualifier, which Chris Coleman's side won 2-1.
Bale's 81st-minute free-kick sparked wild scenes behind the goal, with Welsh fans racing on to the pitch to celebrate the decisive moment.
Under article six of UEFA's disciplinary regulations there are a wide range of punishments available, including a warning, a fine and a points deduction.
Andorra also face a UEFA investigation after picking up six bookings in the game and for failing to stop Welsh fans encroaching on the pitch at the Estadio Nacional.
"Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the European Qualifier Group B match between Andorra and Wales (1-2) played on Tuesday 9 September in Andorra," said a UEFA statement.
"Andorran Football Federation: Improper conduct of the team (5 cards or more) (Art. 15.4 UEFA Disciplinary Regulations). Insufficient organisation (Art. 16.1 DR).
"Football Association of Wales: Field invasion by supporters (Art.16.2a DR) The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 16 October 2014."
The FAW said it is not commenting on the investigation, which will be concluded the week after Wales play their next two Euro 2016 games - a home double-header against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Cyprus.
But the FAW on Wednesday welcomed the publication of UEFA's Euro 2020 evaluation report into the staging of the tournament across 13 cities, and believes it has submitted a strong bid which will benefit both the European governing body and grass roots football throughout Wales.
"The past month has been a busy one for Wales, which started with Cardiff hosting a successful UEFA Super Cup, setting a record attendance for the competition, and then last week our nation successfully hosted the 2014 NATO summit," said a FAW statement.
"Both events demonstrated that Wales can be trusted to deliver on the world stage.
"The UEFA executive committee will decide the 13 host cities for Euro 2020 on September 19 and we will continue to do all that we can ahead of their decision to press the merits of our case."