Women's football: Natasha Dowie sets her sights on Turks
Monday 23 September 2013
England striker Natasha Dowie is looking forward to Thursday’s World Cup qualifier against Turkey in Portsmouth after marking her return to the international stage with a goal in Saturday’s 6-0 win over Belarus.
Almost two years after her last cap, Dowie scored immediately after coming on as a substitute in the second half. “We all want to move on now, it was a good win and we now want to take that into the Turkey game,” she said.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Actors star in Woody Allen's 'Magic in the Moonlight'
Revellers will have to pay to see New Year's Eve fireworks in London
...and the perfect time to visit them
Human faces unique 'because we don't recognise each other by smell'
Newcastle winger reveals he has testicular cancer - and is losing his trademark long hair as a result
Man's attempt to avoid being impounded heavily criticised
Latest in Sport
Manchester United official team photo: Antonio Valencia and Anderson pull the funniest faces
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Five things we learnt, including Danny Welbeck must be more clinical and Hector Bellerin debut
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Liverpool 2 Ludogorets 1 player ratings
Luis Suarez has given Liverpool's opponents more hope, says former striker Michael Owen
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute