World Cup 2014: 20 things we learned in Brazil
Corners are key and Vincent Tan is wrong
Saturday 12 July 2014
It turns out that money talks in Africa and that things in Brazil were at times messy as well as just about Messi.
With the tournament coming to a close, Miguel Delaney picks out 20 things we learned over the course of the tournament in Brazil.
Read more: Messi with chance to emulate Maradona
Will Germany have an advantage because of extra rest?
How Germany conquered the football world
Among them we've discovered the new penalty kings, that football has a new star and that Fifa has a timely earner.
Check out his 20 things we learned below...
What did you notice from the World Cup? Let us know in the comments below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was