World Cup 2014: 20 things we learned in Brazil
Corners are key and Vincent Tan is wrong
Saturday 12 July 2014
It turns out that money talks in Africa and that things in Brazil were at times messy as well as just about Messi.
With the tournament coming to a close, Miguel Delaney picks out 20 things we learned over the course of the tournament in Brazil.
Read more: Messi with chance to emulate Maradona
Will Germany have an advantage because of extra rest?
How Germany conquered the football world
Among them we've discovered the new penalty kings, that football has a new star and that Fifa has a timely earner.
Check out his 20 things we learned below...
What did you notice from the World Cup? Let us know in the comments below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'