World Cup 2014: 20 things we learned in Brazil
Corners are key and Vincent Tan is wrong
Saturday 12 July 2014
It turns out that money talks in Africa and that things in Brazil were at times messy as well as just about Messi.
With the tournament coming to a close, Miguel Delaney picks out 20 things we learned over the course of the tournament in Brazil.
Read more: Messi with chance to emulate Maradona
Will Germany have an advantage because of extra rest?
How Germany conquered the football world
Among them we've discovered the new penalty kings, that football has a new star and that Fifa has a timely earner.
Check out his 20 things we learned below...
What did you notice from the World Cup? Let us know in the comments below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims