World Cup 2014: Player profile - Ahmed Musa, the Nigeria midfielder
Counting down the 100 players to look out for in Brazil this summer
Thursday 03 April 2014
The World Cup in Brazil is coming into view and everyone is hoping this summer's carnival can take its place among some of the great tournaments of the past, but who will be the star of the show?
With 70 days to go until things kick-off, check out our latest instalment of 100 players to look out for at the competition below.
70. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria)
The 21-year-old has been a fine acquisition for CSKA Moscow since they signed him from Dutch side VVV-Venlo in 2012 and will be one of Nigeria’s main attacking outlets when they travel to Brazil to play Argentina, Iran and Honduras. In spite of his age, he was called into Lars Lagerback’s 2010 30-man squad for South Africa before an unfortunate ankle injury forced him out.
He was part of the successful 2013 African Cup of Nations team that secured Nigeria their third title, scoring a goal against Mali in a 4-1 win. Having Champions League experience at such a young age may prove a valuable asset for the Super Eagles when they kick off their World Cup campaign against Iran on June 16.
Did you know? He held the record for most goals in a single season in the Nigerian Premier League until Jude Aneke broke it by two when he scored 20 in the 2011 campaign
Latest in Sport
Jay Hart sex tape: Non-league footballer sacked after being filmed having sex with unknown blonde girl in manager's dug-out
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Radamel Falcao to Liverpool: Agent of Manchester United striker 'makes contact' with Anfield
Cesc Fabregas in Premier League title dig at Arsenal after pointing out '27 year wait'
Manchester United 2015/16 kit leak: Orange and black strip likened to former Chelsea jersey emerges online
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service