World Cup 2014: Aloe Blacc and David Correy join forces to perform official 2014 Fifa World Cup anthem 'The World is Ours'
The song will be performed during the opening ceremony in Brazil
Wednesday 23 April 2014
Chart-topping artist Aloe Blacc has collaborated with American X Factor finalist David Correy to record the official 2014 Fifa World Cup anthem, ‘The World is Ours’.
The two artist have joined forces on the Coca-Cola soundtrack for the showpiece tournament in Brazil, which is set to get underway on June 12 as the hosts take on Croatia at the Arena de Sao Paulo.
The track is a mixture of newly written and recorded material from Aloe Blacc and lyrics and sounds from the original version of ‘The World is Ours’ by David Correy and Monobloco, and aims to capture the spirit and excitement of the World Cup as it returns to Brazil for the first time since 1950, as well as the messages of inclusivity, celebration and happiness.
As part of the Fifa World Cup Trophy Tour by Coca-Cola, the song has been performed across over 175markets in 24 specially adapted versions, with each location adding its own twist on ‘The World is Ours’. The original version was written by world class songwriting/producer team Rock Mafia, and co-produced by Brazilian collaborator Mario Caldato Jr, with rhythmic samba, baile funk and technobrega percussion band Monobloco completing the line-up.The album, ‘One Love, One Rhythm: The Official 2014 Fifa World Cup Album’ is due to be released on May 13 by Sony Music Entertainment.
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper