World Cup 2014 countdown: Cristiano Ronaldo gives a wink after Wayne Rooney red card
Counting down the 100 greatest moments in the history of the World Cup
The World Cup in Brazil is coming into view and everyone is hoping this summer's carnival can take its place among some of the great tournaments of the past.
That won't be easy though, as this series will testify. In the run-up to the tournament, we're counting down the 100 greatest World Cup moments.
Check out our latest instalment below, and for any you missed, see the gallery at the end of the article.
Cristiano Ronaldo gives a wink after Wayne Rooney red card
Great friends off the pitch they may be, but at the 2006 finals, Cristiano Ronaldo could not help but show his delight when Wayne Rooney was sent off.
England's talisman was rightly shown the red card in the quarter-final with Portugal after he stamped on Ricardo Carvalho.
As the Manchester United striker trudged off the pitch, his club team-mate gave a cheeky wink to the Portuguese bench.
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo: Unhappy forward is ready to quit Real Madrid, according to Angel Di Maria
Commonwealth Games 2014: Australia launch Glasgow swimwear - but are criticised for drawing attention to the 'crotch' area
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Jurgen Klopp concerned with Dortmund injuries and praises signings of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez
Hull City vs West Ham match report: Enner Valencia stars as honours shared at the KC Stadium
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid star is 'fed up'
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled