World Cup 2014 countdown: Italia '90 and the World in Motion
Counting down the 100 greatest moments in the history of the World Cup
The World Cup in Brazil is coming into view and everyone is hoping this summer's carnival can take its place among some of the great tournaments of the past.
That won't be easy though, as this series will testify. In the run-up to the tournament, we're counting down the 100 greatest World Cup moments.
Check out our latest instalment below, and for any you missed, see the gallery at the end of the article.
The World in Motion
World Cup songs are as much a part of the Finals as injury scares, penalties and the excessive drinking of lager.
Yet it's rare that they get it right. In fact, it's only truly happened the once (Baddiel and Skinner's 'Three Lions' was for the Euros). New Order's World in Motion was a true classic. A genuinely good song was combined with some memorable cameos by members of England's 1990 World Cup squad - most notably John Barnes' rap.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes on Raheem Sterling: Moving between Liverpool and Manchester United still an issue
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Paul Scholes: I'm sticking my neck out - Hull to win and Newcastle to be relegated on final day
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Paul Scholes column: Does David De Gea really want to leave Manchester United to fight it out for the No 1 spot at Real Madrid?
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group