World Cup 2014 countdown: Massing v Caniggia in 1990
Counting down the 100 greatest moments in the history of the World Cup
The World Cup in Brazil is coming into view and everyone is hoping this summer's carnival can take its place among some of the great tournaments of the past.
That won't be easy though, as this series will testify. In the run-up to the tournament, we're counting down the 100 greatest World Cup moments.
Check out our latest instalment below, and for any you missed, see the gallery at the end of the article.
Massing v Caniggia
It was the opening game of the 1990 World Cup and Cameroon were holding on for dear life as they led Argentina 1-0.
With a few minutes left on the clock Claudio Caniggia broke free from the edge of his own box.
One poor tackle came in, but Caniggia skipped past him, then another - but, although knocked off balance, the Argentinean just kept going.
But Caniggia couldn't escape the third.
Benjamin Massing is seen storming across the pitch and then BAMM - Caniggia is sent flying with a challenge so forceful the Cameroonian defender lost his boot. Massing was shown the red card but Cameroon held out for a famous victory.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Mutual contempt burns as rivals Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho face off again
Memphis Depay to Manchester United: Striker 'arrives in England' for talks over £25m switch
Wayne Rooney is the richest Premier League footballer with £72million fortune... but which Brit beats him to top spot in Sunday Times Rich List?
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Top 20 misconceptions people believe are true
- 2 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 3 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 4 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'