World Cup 2014 countdown: Massing v Caniggia in 1990
Counting down the 100 greatest moments in the history of the World Cup
The World Cup in Brazil is coming into view and everyone is hoping this summer's carnival can take its place among some of the great tournaments of the past.
That won't be easy though, as this series will testify. In the run-up to the tournament, we're counting down the 100 greatest World Cup moments.
Check out our latest instalment below, and for any you missed, see the gallery at the end of the article.
Massing v Caniggia
It was the opening game of the 1990 World Cup and Cameroon were holding on for dear life as they led Argentina 1-0.
With a few minutes left on the clock Claudio Caniggia broke free from the edge of his own box.
One poor tackle came in, but Caniggia skipped past him, then another - but, although knocked off balance, the Argentinean just kept going.
But Caniggia couldn't escape the third.
Benjamin Massing is seen storming across the pitch and then BAMM - Caniggia is sent flying with a challenge so forceful the Cameroonian defender lost his boot. Massing was shown the red card but Cameroon held out for a famous victory.
Latest in Sport
WrestleMania 31: John Cena aims to bring the United States Championship home in rematch with Rusev
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Cricket World Cup 2015 - Nick Knight column: It was all over the moment the cup’s best bowler bowled the best batsman
Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at Wrestlemania 31 as The Game triumphs in flashback to Monday Night Wars
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat